Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Week 4

Guess what happened to me this week??????

I am SICK AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! What are the chances. Same crud I had two weeks ago. No voice coughing, no energy. This time it really hit me hard. I was very tired and sore. Workouts were unbearable. I was dizzy and struggled to move. I gave up my two-a-days and just tried to workout out with my team and once on Tuesday/Thurs. Carol was really awesome about it...

Being sick nearly did me in for the weigh in this week. I woke up at 5am and got on the scale. NO CHANGE!!!!! OMG....I panic. I cried and cried. As I was getting ready to leave Carol called and told me to get on the treadmill for about 5mins and see if it helps so of course I did it!

Our challenge was a lot of fun, would have been better if I wasn't still congested and wheezing.

We met at Charlie Fosters Downtown Kalamazoo at 10am. STARVING due to the Friday night fast (nothing to eat or drink past about 5:30-6p). I had been at a party the night before and ate late so the fast didn't start until about 8p....yikes. But I will still hungry.

We were told that or team was going to be given a sheet with clues to local businesses. Once we got to the business we were to ask for a playing card, we choose one and go on to the next. There were 5 in all. The first team back wins immunity. Best Poker hand wins a GC for Charlie Fosters.

We took off and headed to our first stop, the train station....then the Radisson, the Library, Gazelle sport and the dance (something) cafe. My team was about 1/4 mile ahead of me all the time....I was working hard, hoping my legs didn't burst into flames as I ran downtown Kalamazoo feeling like I am in the Amazing Race....I got to the last 50 feet and started sprinting. I ran into the building, down the stairs looked up and there sat Dave and the kids. My kids had this look on their face like "is she going to die".....ahhahahahahaha.........

Our team placed 4th out of 10 teams!!!!!!! I was very proud.

On to the weigh-in. Placements started being given...down, down down....nothing. Morgan then calls out "the next two names I call are eliminated. I KNEW it....I was done, I failed...it is over. The next two names were not mine. No Shannon McDonald loser of the year....not me. I quickly told Morgan my name was not called......oh your safe he says...I placed 21. That would be the farthest down the list you can do without going home!!! Talk about cutting it close. I lost .8 of a pound. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??????????

Looking back I knew the workouts were killer since I was sick and I did not eat all my calories.

I cried knowing I had another week to lose more weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment