Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Week 5

I felt great this week! Full of energy, strong, mental ready to hit it hard. I KNEW I was going to have a good week. I HAD to! I started my week off going into the gym and taking Body Combat...then two-a-days everyday. I felt myself shrinking everyday.

Still feeling weak during our team sessions. Just cant keep up with Jean and Jason. My knee is also starting to hurt again.

The challenge this week was the toughest yet. We met at Branch Gymnastics at 7am and weighed in. We were then taken into the gym and were told to remove our shoes. Morgan showed us our obstacle course which involved a low to the ground balance beam (2 of them), climbing a hill of mats, pull ups, backwards left lifts on the horse, lots of HOPPING crawling under many, many feet of balance beams....and the PIT!

Since we went in the order of weigh in placement from the week before I was almost last. I watched women cry, men struggle and knew this was going to be HARD. When it was my turn I started out strong and steady. I quickly got out of breath before I hit the big hill.....managed my pull ups, struggled to get on the horse being so short but did it, crawled under the beams while Morgan told me to go faster. I kept thinking as he was saying this "I cant be out of breath when I get into the pit or I will need to be resuscitated right there! I got to the pit, stared it down and JUMPED. I tried to jump as far as I could. My first thought when I hit the foam was "pull my ass out now, I cant move!"........I gave myself a minute then started moving the squares out of my was, and pushed myself forward. For anyone who hasn't been in one of these it is best described like quick sand. Not that I have ever been in quick sand...but I cant think of anything else to compare it to. The foam stuck to my legs so it was very hard to move. I started pushing down the squares and tried stepping on them. It lifted me up and forward enough to grab the mat. People were standing all around screaming at you, cheering you on...but I just focused in on one guys voice who was right in front of me. The mat came up to my chin so it was a lot of work getting this butt up on that mat!! I finally did it....and CRAWLED to the finish line!

Overall I placed 19th out of 25 people. whoo hooo for me!

The weigh in was great! I lost 3.8 pounds and placed 5th............good placement, tough place to be going into the next week!

I am now down 21 lbs, only 9 lbs from my original 30 lbs goal AND only 2 pounds away from being under 250 lbs....

No comments:

Post a Comment