Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Week 1


I am 6 weeks behind posting this....better late than never. I will get caught up and then go from there.

Week one was tough. Stepping on the scale and seeing the BIG, BIG number. I had spent the weeks before our first weigh-in OD'ing on Sonic burgers, Mexican food, Chinese, movie popcorn and chicken wings. All my favorites. I wanted to get that number HIGH, the only place to go from there was DOWN......

We weighed in on January 28th. Hold on to your hates folks, this is a big number. And the sad thing is, it isn't my all time highest weight. I weighed in that night at 272.2 lbs. okay, close your mouths gather yourselves and keep reading. My waist was 47 inches my hips 60 inches. My hips were only 2 inches shorter than my height....that is pretty eye opening. Like I said the only place to go from there was DOWN.....

I set my weight loss goal to lose during the contest at 30lbs. My trainer Carol gave me the oddest look when I told her this and simply said "you will lose more than that". I was terrified I would fail. I did not want to fail again. I have found that in my life I have learned to accomplish most anything I set my mind to, except this. Accomplishing this would mean giving up food, something I don't use it to Live, I use for entertainment, stress management, comfort..you name it.

Training started with a bang and I quickly realized and am by far the weakest person on my team. No matter how hard I tried I could not keep up. I did not stop trying though. The workouts got harder and harder each time but I gave it my best every time!

We workout at as a team mon/wed/fri, which are mandatory. You don't show, they had a one pound penalty to your weight. I was also working out in the AM and taking classes at the gym on Tuesday/Thursdays. I was whipped.

And my body let me know................I got sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment